When was the last time you delivered happiness?
Happiness is all around us and as a leader, it is our duty to deliver it to our teams. We don’t have to place the burden of supplying happiness sole on ourselves, but it can nothing can bring a team together quite like joy. Throughout my coaching career success and wins on the court play a large role in providing happiness to my team, but if you have the right game plan you can help deliver happiness at unexpected times. Here are a few tips I have compiled to provide happiness for those around you. Enjoy.
- Establish core values. Write down your core values and express them to your team. Once everyone is aware of these values, they can operate accordingly. This will help set expectations on when success has been achieved.
- Understand your mission. The mission of the team will come from you. Living and delivering the “wow” factor should become your main priority.
- Build relationships. The best way to do this is through effective communication and building trust with your team members. Listen and welcome feedback.
- Stay humble. There should be no place for arrogance on your team. Happiness comes from enjoyment gained from accomplishments. As the leader, you must promote confidence without becoming arrogant.
- Pursue growth. The best time to do this is after significant accomplishments. Raise the bar and promote continuous growth. Always learn from your team and vice-versa. Constant and never-ending improvements. Have you “wowed” anyone today?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson and J-Mac are in Las Vegas this week at a Zappos autism awareness event. Connect with them on social media and see how it went!
Life Tip #3: Leave a profit everywhere you go. Everything you touch turns to gold, not garbage.