What are your habits that promote change?
Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you closed out 2015 very well and are ready to achieve great things in 2016. In order to think big, you must start small. As we think about ways to improve our lives for the New Year, I did the same and came up with seven DAILY activities, or habits, that we can implement to promote positive change in our lives. Ten minutes is all you will need. As you read them, think about how each one relates to you and how you can use it to improve your 2016 each and every day. What can you do to improve your life? Enjoy.
- Write down 10 goals. Both short-term and long-term. Get a notebook and start writing.
- Read your goals out loud. Each day when you wake up, read your goals back to you in the mirror. This will place responsibility on you to get these goals accomplished.
- Short burst of exercise. Walking, running, or even an ab workout will suffice. Whatever you choose, make it part of your daily routine.
- Sit quietly. Clear your mind and think to yourself about your day, what you need to get accomplished, and how you will get it done.
- Talk to someone. Whether it’s a spouse, friend, or co-worker, it is vital that you find someone to speak to on a daily basis. Tell them your thoughts and how you plan to improve your life.
- Read something. This is tremendously important for those who are early risers. Have breakfast, drink your coffee, and read something to grow your mind.
- Listen to some kind of audio. Books on tape, motivational speakers, or positive thinkers are all great and improve your view on life, but only if they are part of your daily life.
The New Year is here and basketball season continues. Last week, we were able to win the Hilton Christmas tournament and are now 8-1 on the season. I am very proud of the kids so far and pleased with our development as a team. Make sure you make the necessary changes and create a positive atmosphere for yourself in 2016.
Life Tip #22: Be happy, but don’t stay satisfied.