How do you make sure you are getting the most out of your abilities?
When it comes to performance, especially in sports, how do you go about maximizing your potential? Are your abilities restricted by something out of your control? Or, do you use those restrictions to your advantage? Being efficient and successful with the skillset we are given can be tough, but in the #CJJblog this week I give you some tips on how you can make sure you are getting the most out of your abilities. Enjoy.
- Work ethic. Do you have a good work ethic? How do you react when someone outperforms you? Do you get discouraged or push yourself even harder to get better?
- Student of your craft. Make sure you pay attention to the details. Educate yourself on what it takes to be successful in your field. The smarter you are, the less reliant you will be on your physical abilities.
- Never give up. This type of mindset can be very beneficial to you. Do you embrace challenges, or get frustrated when obstacles get in your way? Be someone who perseveres through thick and thin.
- Whatever it takes. This is a tough mentality to adopt, especially if you experience a lot of failure. Individuals who get the most out of their abilities are ones who rise to the occasion and the bigger the challenge, the better they perform.
- Do you genuinely love what you do? Are you willing to put in the hours of work to become successful? Remember, it takes 10,000 hours of preparation and practice to become an expert in your field.
- Keeping a positive attitude is key to your success. Learn from your failures and understand that anyone can talk about doing something, it takes a special person to take action.
- No matter the score or previous results, you must be consistent with your effort and not cut corners. Are you a consistent performer? Why or why not?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson delivered a virtual presentation on this week to a graduate class at local college, SUNY Brockport on “Teamwork and becoming a polished presenter.”
Life Tip #22: What I’ve learned from overachievers is that they are happy when things go well, but never stay satisfied