How often do you read?
Reading is a big part of my life. I make sure I am dedicating time to reach and grow my mind each and every day. In fact, I have a reading goal to complete one book per week, which I have been successful at thus far in 2021. IN the #CJJblog this week, I wanted to give you some tips on how you can become a better reader. Enjoy!
- Goal. Do you have a reading goal? How about a personal growth goal? If not, set one for yourself. I have goals to read at least 10 min/day and grow my mind through videos, podcasts, etc. for at least 70 min/day.
- Routine. Get into a routine and stick to it. For me, I start every day by reading. What is your reading routine?
- Two-for-one. You will be surprised at how often you can slip reading into your everyday tasks. Double down by keeping a book with you as often as possible.
- Pressure. Hold yourself accountable and put pressure on yourself to become a better reader. For me, I give weekly book recommendations on my social media pages, so my followers are counting on me to keep reading. How do you hold yourself accountable?
- Travel. Traveling by plane or by car? Bring a book with you. There is also nothing more relaxing when you are on a beach somewhere or on vacation and opening up a good book to dive into.
- Placement. Keep your current book close by in your house, at work, or even in your car. Any time you have some down time, if the book is close by, you will see it and feel the urge to pick it up.
- Bathroom. Don’t laugh, but you can keep your book in there as well. This might not be for everyone, but for me, I do a lot of reading while in the bathroom. Don’t knock it until you try it!
- Schedule. Set and keep appointments with yourself to read. Treat these appointments as you would any other appointment throughout your day. Miss a day? Don’t worry, you can make it up tomorrow.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson is excited to share with you that he has teamed with the ARC of Monroe to share a virtual inspirational presentation on Thursday, July 22nd at 3pm. It is free to attend and open to the public. HERE is the link to learn more and sign up.
Life Tip #15: Read at least 15 minutes every day