What does it take to be relentless?
After watching the epic Wimbledon final between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic last weekend, it got me thinking about how you can be relentless. So many people know what it means to be relentless, but don’t know what it takes. Are you someone who eases through life with no passion or dedication? In the #CJJblog this week I take a look at how you can stay relentless in your daily efforts to become great. Enjoy.
- Know what you want. Find your passion and follow it. Write down your plan and develop the drive to see it through to completion. Do you take action on your passion?
- Share your plan. Once you have your plan written down, share it with others. This will increase the chances you take action. Always be wired to win and consistently taking action.
- Bounce back. There will be times when things don’t go your way. Do you give up easily? Champions are born after times of failure. Be relentless and fight through the tough times and success will follow.
- Hire coach. Are you doing it alone or do you have someone coaching you? Surround yourself with a quality team and learn from them. What’s stopping you from hiring a coach?
- Pareto Principle. Also known as the 80/20 rule. In business, this principle infers that in life, 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. In other words, most of your success will come from a select few things you do very well. Are you focusing on what you are best at?
- Don’t dwell on the past. Wipe out all negative thoughts from your mind. Move forward and grow from every experience. How well do you move on from failure?
- Try new things. In order to be relentless, you must be willing to get creative in your path to greatness. Don’t be scared to make changes in order to improve yourself. What new things have you tried recently?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be attending the Global Leadership Summit in August in Rochester, NY. You can register and attend as well!
Life Tip #93: Be the best you can be, don’t compare yourself to other people.