How do you shine the light on others?
As a leader, what are some ways you can help others succeed? How do you go about putting others in the spotlight? Just as my team did on J-Mac’s magical night back in 2006 by passing him the ball every possession (without being told to do so) for the final four minutes of the game, the #CJJblog this week has you covered. Here are some ideas to help you help others shine. Enjoy.
- Praise in public
- Bring in outside voices (alumni, former coaches, etc.) to speak with team
- Get input from team members and compliment the good ideas
- Share the good ideas in team meetings
- Social Media
- Share podcasts
- Share news articles
- Book recommendations
- Helping others
- Make introductions to others in your network
- Give books as gifts
- Meditation – Visualize yourself dumping happiness onto others
- Pray for others
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson recently spoke to his former High School basketball team (Greece Athena) and a local Women’s College basketball team (Roberts Wesleyan) – Got any speaking opportunities for him? Let us know!
Life Tip #8: (Platinum Rule) Treat people like they want to be treated