How do you relax?
I often tell people that in order to become what you wish, you have to think it first. Anything you wish to accomplish must be thought of first in your brain. Whether you dreamt of it as a little kid or you desire it as an adult, it is crucial that you take time out of your day to sit and think about where you want your life to go. This week in my #CJJblog I wanted to give you some tips and tricks on how to utilize your brain in order to become successful. Enjoy.
- Sit quietly. For me, I like to sit quietly with only my thoughts and a notepad. This allows me to clear my head and focus on what’s really important in life. When was the last time you sat quietly for 10 minutes?
- Plan ahead. Plan your day, your week, even your year. Make both long term and short term plans. This will keep you focused on the big picture, while being prepared for each day in the present. How do you plan ahead?
- Personal mission statement. Do you have a personal mission statement? Why were you put on this earth?
- Do you use meditation to visualize your own success? This can be a great tool to clear your mind and become more efficient with your thoughts. I like to meditate for at least 10 minutes each day. What about you?
- Try this exercise: Take a sheet of paper, write one of your biggest goals down at the top, then underneath come up with 15-20 different things that need to happen in order to achieve that goal. This will help you think in terms of working toward that goal and how to get there. Do you mindstorm?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson delivered a professional speech last week to a college graduate class on becoming successful in life at a global leadership summit.
Life Tip #29: In decision making, always ask yourself after you make the decision, ‘then what?’