How do you make sure you’re thriving?
The difference between thriving and surviving is consistency. How do you stay consistent with your daily disciplines? For me, I like to have daily routines that create a sense of accomplishment and allow me to thrive in everything that I do. Creating a sense of relentless positivity can have a drastic effect on how you attack all aspects of your life. This week in the #CJJblog I wanted to give you some tips on how to create these same thriving disciplines in your everyday life. Enjoy.
- Insanity? Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. Don’t be insane. Try new things and make adjustments to things that aren’t working for you. Those who thrive make changes constantly.
- Are you a positive thinker? Those who thrive are often optimistic and those who survive can easily turn negative.
- How do you word things to both others and in your head? Are problems challenges or opportunities?
- Make and keep promises. Developing thriving relationships often boil down to your dependability to those you interact with. Do you follow through on your word? Can other count on you?
- Attitude check-up. Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching? Stay positive, even in tough situations and help others overcome obstacles.
- Work ethic. Are you a self-starter? Do you struggle with keeping positive changes or breaking bad habits? Give it your all consistently and deserve your accomplishments.
- Success leaves clues. Do you study your craft and find ways to get better? Those who thrive seek out successful clues, while those who survive do not.
- Give to others. Help others without expecting anything in return. Add value to others and help them thrive as well.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson met with the Monroe County Sherriff department and Todd Baxter, who gave him a tour of the Monroe County Jail. A professional speaking engagement is also in the works for later this summer.
Life Tip #40: Add more disciplines to your life to become a more attractive person