What conferences or summits have you attended?
Last week, I gave you part one of my takeaways from the annual Global Leadership Summit (my 5th year attending) that occurred in the first week of August. What did you think? Did you go check out any of the speakers and their content? In the #CJJblog this week, I give you part two of my notes. You can also go straight to the website to check out their information HERE. Enjoy.
- Dr. Henry Cloud. Formula for success: 1) Learn, 2) Grow, 3) Fail, and 4) Repeat. Failure is an event, not the end.
- Dr. Francesca Gino. Service leadership. If you have never seen the video of former NBA coach, Maurice “Mo” Cheeks helping a young lady make it through the National Anthem, you can watch it HERE.
- Richard Montanez. The creator of Flamin’ Hot Fritos. There are three types of leaders: 1) Pioneer (blazing a trail), 2) Settler (building a community), and 3) Ultimate Leader (help others find their purpose). Hunger is the antidote to fear. Effective leaders are willing to be ridiculous at times.
- A.R. Bernard. The importance of building bridges. Find common ground with someone and communicate with them on that ground. Common ground creates opportunity.
- Juliet Funt. White space. What is it? How can it help my team? 1) Recuperate, 2) Reflect, 3) Reduce, and 4) Construct. Get yourself into a creative mode where you are open (sitting and thinking) or closed (writing down and recording) your thoughts for 90 minutes.
- Malcolm Gladwell. We are too programmed for approval. Make it safe for your team to take risks.
- Albert Tate. Find meaningful moments to create memories. Three reasons to accept invitations: 1) See something you have never seen before, 2) Napping is the new hustle, and 3) Make grief and hope roommates, always keep hope in the house.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson and his podcast team, Limitless Leadership Lounge” did a recap episode of the Global Leadership Summit. You can listen HERE.
Life Tip #35: Use the CANEI Formula – Constant And Never-Ending Improvement