How do you ensure your happiness?
Are you a happy person? Is it something you focus on every day? Do you envy those who don’t sweat the small stuff? I consider myself to be consistently happy and wanted to share some helpful tips that work very well for me in the #CJJblog this week. We shall call them happy hacks. Enjoy.
- Be kind. Be kind to others and perform a random act of kindness every once in awhile. Get in the mindset of making others happy first.
- Exercise. Sometimes it will be very difficult mentally to go on that run, or drag yourself to the gym, but I promise you, the feeling afterwards is incredible.
- Cause. What is your why? What makes you tick? Find a cause or organization you feel passionately about and donate your time and/or money to it.
- Laughter. Laugh every single day, even if you have to force yourself to do so. Chat with a friend, or watch a video on YouTube, whatever you have to do.
- Self-five. Have you ever given yourself a self-five in the mirror to start your day? Try it.
- Positive affirmations. “I am…” or “I will…” statements with a positive spin are very powerful and will make you very confident. Say them out loud.
- Guard your mind. What are you feeding your mind? Do you complain about the little things in life? To be truly happy, you need to consume positive content on a daily basis.
- Reward yourself. Appropriately, of course. Instead of having a big hot fudge sundae after a great workout, maybe buy yourself a nice shirt instead.
- Gratitude journal. Do you write down what you are thankful for? Start a gratitude journal and fill it with positive thoughts each day.
- Get outside. Fresh air can be a very calming, happy experience. Have you been sitting at a desk for a few hours? Go outside and appreciate all that you have.
- Passion. What do you enjoy? What makes you smile? Make sure to work some of those things into your daily routine.
- Power of choice. One of my favorite quotes from Viktor E. Frankl: Between stimulus and response there is no space. In that space is our power to choose our response.”
Did You Know? Check out the most recent “Limitless Leadership Lounge” podcast episode with author and leadership expert, Shawn Moon HERE.
Life Tip #21: Smile a lot