What are your daily disciplines?
We must develop daily disciplines to maximize our productivity as people. Habits, good or bad, often define who we are. Are your daily disciplines helping or hindering you? For me personally, I have a handful of actions that I do my best to accomplish each day. They help me stay focused and on top of my game. What are your daily disciplines? Comment below or reach out to me on social media. I would love to connect!
- Pray 5-10 minutes per day. I like to share my gratitude and pray on a consistent basis.
- Meditate ten minutes per day. This discipline helps me stay focused and prioritize my life to do list. Staying calm is also important for me. When was the last time you sat down, closed your eyes, and relaxed?
- Read my goals out loud. Each day, I sit down and read my goals out loud to create a sense of responsibility to accomplish them. There is a tangible difference between saying or thinking of my goals and reciting them out loud.
- Write down my goals. Every day, I write down my top 10 goals I would like to achieve. I then go back and read them before bed to see how I did. Do you write your goals down?
- Exercise daily. An exercising discipline comes with many benefits. Do you exercise consistently?
- Feed my mind. Whether I’m reading a book, listening to a podcast, or watching videos, I always seek to grow my mind and grow every day.
- Social media. I value relationships and in today’s day in age, social media is a great way to nurture relationships. I like to spend at least 30 minutes per day growing relationships and connecting with people. How do you use social media?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson spoke at a local Global Leadership Summit at Mercy High School in Rochester, NY.
Life Tip #30: Work harder on yourself than you do on your job