How do you show your gratitude toward others?
Thanksgiving time is here and has me thinking about gratitude and how we can show our thanks to others. In the #CJJblog this week as we kick off the holiday season, I wanted to raise some questions for you to think about as you seek to show them gratitude. Your appreciation for others can be strategically utilized to enhance relationships. What are some things that you think about as you show gratitude? Let me know in the comments below. Enjoy!
- Do you share with the people you love that you appreciate them? How do you show this appreciation consistently?
- How do you think customers and friends think about you? Put yourself in their shoes and assess yourself. How are you doing?
- Do you thank people often? How often? Often enough? Thanking people when someone holds the door open or passes the gravy can go a long way.
- Do you seek to catch people doing the right thing? Recognize people in positive situations or when they do the right thing. When was the last time you congratulated someone on social media for an accomplishment?
- Be grateful to be alive. This will give you a better chance to make a positive impact. Are you consistently showing gratitude to others who help you live a great life?
- Take time to reflect. How often do you sit and reflect on your life actions?
- Do you have a gratitude journal? How often do you write down what you are grateful for?
- Do you send written notes? Notes of appreciation and gratitude can show others how you appreciate them.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be delivering his leadership keynote to the faculty and staff at BOCES Spencerport next week.
Life Tip #73: Be grateful for your family and health each day