Do you have a favorite leadership book?
As an avid reader, I tend to favor books on leadership. Throughout my coaching years and consistently reading at least 15 minutes every day, I have come across some fantastic books on leadership. I am challenging each one of you to read one book over the next 30 days to help develop your leadership skills. Feel free to reach out to me on social media and tell me the title and give a review. Maybe I will add it to my next list! Here is my list of top 15 favorite books on leadership (in no particular order). Enjoy!
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- 12 Leadership Principles of Dean Smith – David Chadwick
- The Last Lecture – Jeffrey Zaslow and Randy Pausch
- Season of Life – Jeffrey Marx
- Martin Luther King, Jr. on Leadership – Donald Phillips
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership – John C. Maxwell
- Wooden on Leadership – Steve Jamison
- The Gold Standard – Mike Krzyzewski
- The One Minute Manager – Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson
- Reagan on Leadership – James Strock
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance – Angela Duckworth
- The Trust Edge – David Horsager
- Start With Why – Simon Sinek
- Tools of Titans – Timothy Ferriss
- Learning Leadership – Barry Posner and James Kouzes
- (Bonus Book – I was honored to speak at a Zappos event): Delivering Happiness – Tony Hsieh
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson shares his weekly book recommendation on his social media accounts. Check them out!
Life Tip #15: Read at least 15 minutes a day