How are you keeping it simple?
With everything going on in the world and all the chaos around us, it’s very easy to forget about the fundamentals. How are you going back to what worked before the pandemic? Has your routine changed at all? Sometimes it’s important to just keep it simple. In the #CJJblog this week, I wanted to give you some tips on how you can go back to the fundamentals during this stressful time. Enjoy.
- Remain curious. Never stop growing your mind and learning new things. This is a perfect time to learn a new skill or read a book (highly recommend the book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck).
- Break a sweat. How often do you exercise? Every day?
- Pivot. Learn from the experts and educate yourself on something of interest to you.
- Drink more water. Consistently stay hydrated.
- Two for one special. Mowing the lawn this weekend? Listen to a podcast as well. Going for a walk later? Bring some headphones and turn on your favorite motivational speeches.
- Brush teeth after dinner. This seemingly simple task will drastically reduce the chances you return to the fridge in a few hours for a late night snack. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself.
- Show others you care. Tell someone every day that you care about them. Showing gratitude can be very rewarding.
- Renew a passion. Did you go through a phase a couple years ago where you really wanted to learn about something? Buy an online course and never finished it? This is a perfect time to reignite that passion.
- Mentor others. There are likely many others out there in your field who need guidance. Seek them out and give back as a mentor.
- Write a note. When was the last time you sent a hand-written note to someone? It can be a powerful tool to show someone your appreciation.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson is hosting a webinar on August 12th @ 11am EST. His guest will be international educator and global leader, Dr. Rehnuma Karim, Ph.D. and the topics of discussion will include: Embracing diversity, Building a successful team culture, and Maintaining a successful team. You can register HERE.
Life Tip: Doing the fundamentals for success in life is easy to do. They are also easy not to do. Remember, we all suffer from two pains in life; discipline and regret. -Jim Rohn-