How do you show your generosity to others?
After reading the book “The Generosity Habit” by Matthew Kelly, I wanted to share some of my favorite ideas from the book with you as well. The concept is simple; give something away every day. In this book, the author gives us 101 ideas on how you can spread generosity. In the #CJJblog this week, I give you my top 22. Which one is your favorite?
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Catch someone doing good (and recognize them for it).
- Leave a large tip at a restaurant (2-3X more than normal).
- Shop local (businesses).
- Consistently thank those who have made an impact on your life.
- Share a positive message on social media every day (something that I do).
- Give blood (something I don’t do – needles).
- Give someone a gift for no reason.
- Share your smile with someone.
- Pray for someone you’ve never prayed for previously.
- Volunteer for something you are passionate about.
- Focus on being a better listener.
- Limit distractions (phone, TV, etc.).
- Make someone laugh by sending them a funny video.
- Send someone flowers to let them know you are thinking about them.
- Pickup someone else’s garbage.
- Remember and address people by their first name.
- Remember birthdays and acknowledge them.
- Nominate someone for an award.
- Stand up for someone whom you believe is being mistreated.
- Write a letter to someone and share what you appreciate about them.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson spent some time on his podcast (Limitless Leadership Lounge) with leadership expert, TEDx speaker, and author, Gregg Vanourek – You can listen to the episode HERE.
Life Tip #53: Praise in public and criticize in private