Are you still focused?
Did you know that research shows about 80% of people will break their New Years’ Resolutions by mid-February? As alarming as that sounds, I think about a lot of my close friends and colleagues and then realize it sounds pretty accurate. How are you doing with your 2023 BHAGs? Making progress every day? Or, back to your usual habits? In the #CJJblog this week, I give you some tips and suggestions that will hopefully get you back on track.
- Mindset. Have a check up on your mindset with these three things: 1) Motivational mantra, 2) Feeding your mind each day, and 3) Having an attitude of gratitude.
- Purpose. What is your purpose? Why do you want to achieve your BHAG? Are you putting in at least 30 minutes per day toward it?
- Small actions. Start each day with a small task or beneficial action moving you forward on your journey. As opposed to focusing on the whole year (EX: “I want to lose 50 pounds this year”) you can break it up into 90-day periods (EX: “I want to lose 12 pounds by March 31st”).
- Network. Always seek to improve your close circle of influence. Are they helping or hindering you? Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who will seek to serve others first as well.
- Accountability partner. Do you have someone who is actively holding you accountable to hit your goals? Are you meeting with them at least once per week to discuss your progress?
- Coach. If you are struggling, but very motivated, consider hiring a coach. A professional who can help get you back on track with some added structure and expertise.
- Study others. Chances are others have accomplished your BHAGs as well. Study them and see how they did it. Don’t just study the results, study the process and their behaviors to implement new ideas into your journey.
- Refresh button. Hit it. Don’t blame others or unforeseen situations for your lack of success. What are you doing well? Do more of it. What are you doing poorly? Do less of it.
- BONUS Question: What is one action you can take today to help you move toward accomplishing your BHAG?
Did You Know? You can listen to the most recent Limitless Leadership Lounge podcast episode with personal growth legend, Peter Thomson HERE.
Life Tip #30: Work harder on yourself than you do on your job