Do you consistently ‘wow’ your customers?
In today’s world where nearly everything can be automated and electronic, it’s easy to overlook your customers and not give them the necessary attention. After attending the Zappos event a couple weeks ago in Las Vegas, I gained a new found knowledge on the importance of putting those you do business with first. How do you show your customers that you care? In the #CJJblog this week, I am giving you some tips and tricks on how to make them feel the love. Enjoy.
- Polite. Taking a page out of my mothers playbook, it’s very important to be polite to your customers. Not only say thank you, but also show your gratitude through other actions as well. Treat them with respect and respond to all inquiries within a timely manner.
- Add value. Under promise and over-deliver. Exceed expectations and gain their trust through your actions. How do you go above and beyond?
- Continue to add value. Stay in touch with your customers after your initial interaction and seek to add even more value. Do the unexpected and seek opportunities to add additional value.
- Thankful. How do you thank your customers for their assistance or business? Create a wow factor by doing the unexpected. I like to use the website Grateful Box and send customers a giftbox to say thank you. Check them out at www.gratefulbox.com.
- Recovery. Life happens and sometimes others will be unhappy with your services. It is your duty to right the ship and change the narrative back to that of positive feelings. How do you right your wrongs?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson is delivering his Dreams Really Do Come True keynote this week to the Financial Managers Association in Syracuse, NY as well as his Leadership keynote at a local BOCES 2 building in Spencerport, NY.
Life Tip #76: Treat other people better than you would like to be treated