Do you enjoy leading yourself?
Over the next two weeks, I want to see how you are doing leading your own life. We spend so much time thinking about work, family, others around us, etc. we often forget to start with ourselves. The #CJJblog is here to give you tips on how to be a better leader and person, so please let me know how I can help. Feel free to connect with me on social media as well (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). How are you leading your life?
- Who’s first? The first person you must lead is yourself. If you are not in the right mindset, it will be extremely difficult to shift your focus to others around you. How do you lead yourself first?
- Leading yourself first means prioritizing certain events and tasks in your life. What is important to you? How do you allocate your time each day?
- Three core values. For me, my three core values are: Integrity, trust, and caring for others. This is what I focus on each day as I lead myself. What are yours?
- Time, talent, treasure. Others need to know you will spend time with them, but sometimes you need to support things for you. I give back to causes I believe in such as; AutismUp, Homestead for Health, and the Global Leadership Summit, just to name a few. What causes do you believe in?
- Personal mission statement. Do you have one? This will allow you to make others’ dreams come true. Start with yourself first.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson was on a podcast with a fellow former Rochester coach, Tony Lipani. You can check out the full episode here.
Life Tip #25: Always lead by example