Have you made any new quarantine routines?
With everyone home since March, we all have been hit with a new normal. Have you developed any new habits during this time? It has been five months, so it is a good time to assess what has been working (and not working) for you. During times of chaos and stress, it’s very easy to get thrown off your game. In the #CJJblog this week, I give you some tips on how you can look to make some changes now to your habits and routines to come out the other side thriving. Enjoy.
- Morning routine. Do you have a morning routine? How about an evening routine? It’s important to stay consistent and develop habits for each time of day.
- What are your non-negotiables? Do you have tasks each day that you just simply cannot miss? Mine are: 1) Pray, 2) Meditate for 15 minutes, 3) Exercise for 30 minutes, 4) Write down and read my goals aloud, and 5) Read for 60 minutes.
- Adding new habits. For me, I have really embraced morning walks. I do it every day and it allows me to clear my head, listen to podcasts and start my day with some consistency.
- Consistent plan. For me, I stay active on social media every day. Here is my routine that I execute each week with consistency: 1) Success thought every morning, 2) Daily Dose of Leadership, 3) New video content posted every Monday, 4) Weekly book recommendations, and 5) Weekly blog posts. I also make it a point to wish people happy birthday and congratulate them for life achievements on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Habits to change. Do you have any habits that could use a little facelift? It’s okay to add, subtract, or completely scrap some of your current habits. For me, I have recently: 1) Limited myself to 30 minutes of TV per day, 2) Made a consistent effort to stay connected via social media with friends and family, 3) Made a point to respond to everyone who reaches out on social media (send me a message, I’d love to connect!), 4) Spend 3 hours per week working on my book, 5) Making an effort to write in my journal, 6) Write down three goals on Sunday to accomplish that week (by Friday), and 7) Become part of the Robin Sharma 5am Club. I am starting to wake up earlier, currently around 5:30.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be delivering a virtual presentation on September 16th @ 10am to the Greece Chamber of Commerce on “Building a Successful team” and “Becoming a Successful Presenter.”
Life Tip: Read “Atomic Hearts” by: James Clear