How can we get back on track?
It goes without saying, that 2020 has been a difficult year. We have had many things not fall our way and force us into tough situations. Highlighted by the pandemic, this year has created a situation where we are presented with the opportunity to make a comeback. This means we all have an opportunity to come back stronger than before and learn some new skills along the way. The #CJJblog this week talks about how you can help America make the comeback of a lifetime. Enjoy.
- Mindset. Do you have that ‘never give up’ mindset? No matter what, you should not be thinking about throwing in the towel and conceding defeat. Stay positive within your own mind.
- Face reality. What are the cold hard facts? Are you aware of them? Believe you can still be successful, but also be realistic about the present situation and develop your strategy from there.
- Don’t sulk. Do you feel sorry for yourself? Stop that. There are millions of people in this country who have it worse off than you do. Seek to help others and get yourself back on track to a positive outlook.
- Be protective. What do you feed your mind? Is it poisoned or negative information from people who love to complain? Or is it constructive insight from people who seek to find solutions? Be conscious of what is going into your brain.
- Evaluate process. What current habits can you break? Break them! What current habits can you build around? Grow from them. When was the last time you looked in the mirror and evaluated your daily actions?
- Be selective. With the people you surround yourself with. Think of the top five individuals you spend the most time with. Do they believe in you? Do they want you to succeed? Make sure your inner circle seeks to help, not hurt you.
- Find mentors. There are likely hundreds, if not thousands of people who have achieved what you seek to accomplish. Study them. Read articles about them, watch videos, read books, and listen to podcasts. Who has done what you hope to do?
- Be grateful. Be thankful for what you have. Never desire something else while not appreciating what you currently have. Allow others to open doors for you and be grateful for all opportunities.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be delivering a Virtual Inspirational Presentation to the Rochester Rotary Club on Tuesday, December 1st.
Life Tip #22: Be happy, but don’t stay satisfied