Are you a resilient person?
During these turbulent times we are living in, I wanted to spend some time talking about being resilient. What does it mean to be resilient? Does it involve toughness? Stubbornness? Perseverance? While in many cases, it does take experiencing some level of hardship, there are still many things you can do on a daily basis to build resilience. The #CJJblog this week I give you some tips on how you can build good habits and become a strong-willed person. Enjoy.
- Clarity. Who are you? What do you believe in? Why were you put on this earth? Start with gaining clarity on these difficult questions.
- Develop a mantra. Reinforce what you believe in with some spoken (or written) words. One of my mantras is “I love challenges.” What are yours?
- Develop an anti-mantra. I like telling myself “Cancel, cancel… I can do better.” What are some things you can tell yourself to improve upon?
- Learn. What did you learn from your last failure? Use your times of failure as a learning opportunity to get better.
- Pivot. Never stop assessing where you are and if there are any changes that need to be made. Are you on track to achieve your goals?
- Feed your mind. Never stop feeding your mind. Are you constantly growing and learning new skills?
- Reassess goals. How often do you change what you hope to accomplish? Sometimes it helps to rewrite them after a few days or months to see if they need some adjusting.
- Get support. Do you have an accountabili-buddy? Who do you go to for support and guidance? Seek a mentor who can help.
- Energy. How do you create positive energy? Make sure you are eating, sleeping, and exercising well so your energy levels don’t drift.
- Better habits. Establish them. I suggest starting small and focusing on small victories before jumping into a fully-committed habit. Never miss two days in a row.
- Make appointments with yourself. Always keep them. Treat them like a doctors appointment or a work call. They are at that level of importance and cannot be missed.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson is hosting a webinar on August 12th @ 11am EST. His guest will be international educator and global leader, Dr. Rehnuma Karim, Ph.D. You can register HERE.
Life Tip #35: Use the CANEI Formula: Constant and Never-Ending Improvement