Do you dominate everyday?
After watching Rafael Nadal win his 12th French Open title, it got me thinking how you can dominate as well. Are you relentless when it comes to improvement? Do you wake up hungry to grow every morning? When I was a coach, after enduring some struggles early on, I finished up by winning sectional titles in 6 of my final 11 seasons, while appearing in 8 title games. What are you doing to consistently dominate your craft? In the #CJJblog this week I wanted to give you some tips on how you can stay at the top of your game each day. Enjoy!
- Take care of yourself. Physical and mental health are equally important when it comes to your success. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating healthy?
- Embrace every day. Take no days off and always do your best at every task you are completing. Never go into pilot mode. Each day is an opportunity to grow and dominate.
- Always improve. Be willing to break things up and start over from scratch. If it’s not working, try something new. Nadal has changed his serve and backhand drastically over the last few years. What are you doing to maximize your chances at domination?
- Be happy. But never satisfied. Always stay vigilant and never relax. As soon as you take your foot off the petal, your performance will suffer as well. Are you happy, but hungry to grow?
- Always stay humble. No matter what you accomplish, never get a big head. Staying humble will allow you to keep the fire lit inside you. How do you stay humble?
- Intentional growth. Don’t make your dominance an accident. Earn everything you accomplish by outworking your competition. Always seek ways to get better.
Did you know? Coach Jim Johnson received a standing ovation at his latest professional speaking engagement at the HOBY Leadership conference last week.
Life Tip #32: The harder you work, the luckier you get