Is your happiness consistent?
Being happy shouldn’t be a chore, it should come naturally. While we cannot control many things that happen to us, we can control how we react to them. You can read books and watch videos, but how is it helping you grow? If you were to rate your happiness on a scale from one to ten, what would you say? Are you asking yourself the right questions? In this week’s #CJJblog I give you five questions to ask yourself to consistently focus on your own happiness. Enjoy.
- Do you have a personal health plan? For me, I like to make appointments with myself regarding my health. Exercising at least 30 minutes each day has become a necessity. It’s amazing how consistent exercise also helps with my energy throughout the day. What’s your personal health plan?
- Do you have a personal growth plan? I like to feed my mind for 60 minutes per day. It’s hard for me to be happy if I’m not learning consistently. What do you have in place for your personal growth plan?
- Are you spending time with the people you love? Much of your happiness comes from those you care about most. Prioritize your time and make appointments to spend time with your family. When was the last time you scheduled quality time with a loved one?
- Do you have a purpose in life? If not, find one. Effective leaders not only know their own purpose, but help others find theirs as well. What’s your personal mission statement?
- How often do you help others? One of the quickest ways to a life of true happiness is through assisting others achieve the same feeling. Create value any way that you can and never expect anything in return.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson delivered his dreams do come true keynote this week to a local construction company, C.P. Ward.
Life Tip #21: Smile a lot and greet everyone with a smile.