Are you a good negotiator?
The art of negotiation is a skill that you can master. It doesn’t take a special skill, just a certain frame of mind. Are you asking the right questions? After reading the book Never Split the Difference by: Chris Voss, I wanted to include some unique questions you can ask others when involved in negotiations. The #CJJblog this week gives you some questions from the book that you can start to ask to get results. Enjoy.
- How am I supposed to do that?
- What about this doesn’t work for you?
- What would you need to make it work?
- Have you given up on this project? – Asked after a period of no communication.
- Is now a bad time to talk?
- What does it take to be successful here? – Asked during an interview negotiation.
- What is the biggest challenge that you face?
- How will we know if we are on track?
- How will we address things if we are off track?
- How does this affect the rest of your team?
- How on board is the rest of your team?
- What else would you be able to offer to make it a good deal for me?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be delivering his Leadership Keynote to IES Communications in Tempe, AZ on October 16th.
Life Tip #92: Success leaves clues, search for those clues and learn from successful people.