When was the last time you were humbled?
We all have humbling experiences throughout our day-to-day lives. When these occur, there are many different outcomes that can transpire. Throughout my years coaching and teaching, I have certainly experienced been humbled many times. I have compiled some tips for you to handle these occurrences with class and use them as a positive influence on your life. Enjoy.
- Burning desire. Never let a setback change your mindset. Always say to yourself “I can do it” and allow yourself to stay motivated on your goals.
- Take time to reflect. Always take a step back and think about what happened. Did you make any mistakes? Could you have done anything differently? When in doubt, think positively and stay humbled, but not broken.
- What did I learn? Anytime you are humbled, turn it into a positive. What did you learn from the experience? Go back to the drawing board and attack it from another angle.
- Get feedback. Seek out your family and friends and use your support system to get you back on track. Who do you go to for support? Who do you go to for honest feedback? This is a great time to do so.
- What can I control? Some things in life are simply out of your control. It’s important to identify aspects that are controlled by you versus outside factors. What can you control with your actions and attitude?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson is speaking this week at a leadership day event at Warsaw Central Schools in Rochester, NY
Life Tip #22: Be happy, but don’t be satisfied