It’s more than just one letter
Many times in life, we experience tough times and have to overcome adversity to become a champ. Even if we fail at a life event or task, there is always the opportunity to make a few changes and become someone of great success. Throughout my life as a basketball coach and speaker, I have compiled a list of tips and daily practices to ensure we give ourselves the best chance to come out on top. Here are seven tips for you to implement in your life to become a champ. Enjoy.
– Mindset. Chumps are doubters and champs are believers. It’s as simple as that. Do you doubt yourself or do you believe in your ability to succeed?
– Be clear. Whether it’s your life goals or what you want to eat for breakfast, be clear and concise about it. Champs develop clarity and write down their goals to be seen and read every day. Are you writing your goals down?
– Control your attitude. There are many things in life we can’t control. Your attitude, however, is one thing we can control. Stay positive and never let your emotions get the best of you while making decisions.
– Overcome adversity. As mentioned in the opening, you will experience tough times. How will you overcome adversity and stay on track?
– Seek new ideas. A champ always seeks to grow their minds and develop as a person. Join a mastermind group and gain new information or knowledge from those around you.
– Understand strengths. What is your strength zone? Be a professional in that area and develop your weaknesses.
– Share your glory. Be an outstanding teammate and always ask “what can I do to help the team?”
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson spent Wednesday this week in Buffalo, NY giving his leadership keynote talk to store managers at Tops grocery store. Are you looking to grow the leaders of your organization? Coach can help!
Life Tip #35: Use the CANEI formula: Constant and Never Ending Improvement