Have you attended a seminar recently?
I want you to think back to the last seminar (or webinar – it is 2020, after all), conference, or summit you attended in your field. Did you enjoy yourself? What did you learn? Were you able to connect with anyone interesting? Last week, I was able to attend the Global Leadership Summit here in Rochester, NY for the 4th straight year and I absolutely loved it (as I always do). I took down tons of notes and really enjoyed all the speakers who shared their experiences with me. In the #CJJblog this week, I wanted to give a shoutout to the wonderful speakers and go through my top ten list of things I took away from the event. Enjoy.
- Craig Groeschel. People don’t hate change, they hate the way we try to change them. Have the courage to change your promises.
- Danielle Strickland. Hope is cultivated with the soul of gratitude. Hope is contagious when it’s consistently shared.
- Beth Comstock. The test of longevity is how you navigate change. Be vulnerable and okay with admitting you don’t have the answer.
- Marcus Buckingham. Have 1-on-1 meetings with your team members at least once per week for 10-15 minutes and ask them two questions: 1) What is your top priority? And 2) How can I best help you?
- Nona Jones. Have uncomfortable conversations. Develop a circle of trust made up of 3-5 people that you can really count on.
- Juliet Funt. Use the “Ladder up” technique: “What is the best outcome of…?” Repeat 4-6 times until you make your way to the top.
- Vanessa Van Edwards. Body language is extremely important. Run an email audit on all emails you have sent over the last month and see if you are making the email about yourself or the recipient.
- Rory Vaden. Focus funnel consisting of 5 life management steps: 1) Eliminate, 2) Automate, 3) Delegate, 4) Procrastinate, and 5) Top priority.
- Bishop T.D. Jakes. Build a coalition of people and let them teach you their perspective.
- Chris McChesney. Goals are achievable, meaningful, and measurable.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be delivering a virtual presentation on August 20th to The Walsh Group discussing “How to Build a Successful Team.”
Life Tip #17: Attend seminars and conferences to increase your knowledge in your field