When is the last time you faced adversity?
Adversity presents itself to us throughout our daily lives very frequently. There is nothing we can do about it except embrace it and attempt to use it to our advantage. Think back to when the last time was that something unexpected happened that may have thrown off your plans to achieve something. Did you harness the adversity and grow from the experience? Or did you crumble under the stress of something going off-script? Here are some tips for you to turn adversity into a positive experience. Enjoy.
- Use it as motivation. Improving yourself is never easier than when experiencing adversity. It forces you to make quick decisions and think in a different manner than if everything was going according to plan. Learn from the adversity and embrace the change.
- Adopt a ‘never give up’ mindset. This will force your brain to never shut down and always keep fighting. Whatever it takes to get the job done. When is the last time you did “whatever it takes” to achieve something?
- Build confidence. Small accomplishments can add up to an extremely productive day, week, or month. As long as you form daily habits that will help give you the sense of accomplishment needed, you will be able to stay confident as a person. How do you build confidence?
- Continue to search. Growing your mind is something you should never stop doing. Search for new ideas and learn how to make improvements on your life.
- Surround yourself with great people. Success attracts success and after a while, the people you surround yourself with will start to rub off on you. Who do you surround yourself with? Are they helping or hindering you?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson is going to James Malinchak’s Big Money Speaker Bootcamp in a few weeks.
Life Tip #79: Learn from the past, live in the present, and plan for the future