Do you know a leader when you see one?
I am someone who loves leadership. I read books, listen to podcasts, and consume leadership content on a daily basis. How do you know if someone is (or can become) a great leader? In the #CJJblog this week, I give you a bakers dozen of attributes all great leaders must possess. Enjoy.
- Clarity. What do you value? Do you understand how to build a great team? A successful leader knows exactly what to look for when building a fantastic team (players and staff).
- Have a plan. Specifically, a plan on how you build trust with your team. Leadership is all about trust.
- Vision. Are your top three team values clear and concise to everyone?
- Character. A great leader leads by example and conducts themselves the same way whether they are on or off stage.
- Communication. A great leader in a great communicator. They are an aggressive listener and understands that you have two ears and one mouth for a reason.
- Belief. Do you believe in yourself? Instead of arrogance, look for confidence in the process and their abilities to motivate others.
- Curiosity. Being a successful leader means you are consistently growing yourself before others.
- Support. Leadership is about support and helping your team, no matter the circumstances.
- Humility. Share the credit when things go well and take the blame when they don’t.
- CRO. Are you the Chief Reminding Officer of your team? Leaders live and share the team values with others.
- People. Are you good with people? As a leader, you should always praise in public and criticize in private. What public recognition have you given to your teams’ accomplishments?
- Desire. Be relentless with your work ethic and strive to make (and keep) your organization great. Set standards higher for yourself (and your team) than anyone else would.
- Feedback. A truly great leader encourages healthy debates and discussions within the team. They also take in feedback from others and use it to make their final decision.
Did You Know? Check out last week’s Limitless Leadership Lounge podcast episode with communication expert, Brenden Kumarasamy HERE.
Life Tip #28: When you think of a person with integrity, others think of you.