What motivates you?
I recently read in a news article that there was a record amount of drug overdoses in the United States in 2020, largely due to the stress we experienced during the pandemic. This deeply saddens me and I wanted to bring a more positive vibe to the #CJJblog this week. Here are some ideas that help get me excited and feel alive. Enjoy!
- Passion. What are you passionate about? How can you turn your passion into making a living? Find a way. For me, I am passionate about basketball and helping others, so I became a high school basketball coach and now a professional speaker. What about you?
- 30/60/90 days. Create challenges for yourself in increments. Do you want to lose 30 lbs by the end of the year? Start by setting a goal of losing 5 lbs in the next 30 days.
- Sleep routine. Be consistent with your sleep. You may feel sluggish and overtired during the day if you fail to keep a consistent sleep routine. Do you consistently sleep 7-8 hours each night?
- Habit assessment. Keep a journal of your daily habits for one week and assess your actions. What are you doing? Who are you communicating with? You may have habits that you didn’t even realize.
- Physical assessment. Track your physical actions for three weeks and assess them. What are you eating? How often do you exercise? Are you meditating consistently?
- Clarity. Gain clarity on your goals and write them down. You can then recite them to yourself in a mirror each morning.
- Why? Do you have a personal mission statement? Are you living it every day?
- PAG. Prayer, appreciation, and gratitude. Are you doing these things every day?
- Personal growth plan. Do you have one? Are you feeding your mind positive or negative ideas?
- Help. Be content with needing help or support from others. Are you asking others for help when you need it?
- Coaches. You can seek a coach, mentor, or an accountability partner to help keep you on track. Who do you rely on for accountability?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson now has a podcast! It’s called “Limitless Leadership Lounge” and you can listen to his recent episode entitled “Trust: It’s like a bank account” HERE
Life Tip #1: Make each day your masterpiece and cherish every day