How do you deal with adversity?
When adversity strikes and you are faced with a tough decision to make, how do you handle your emotions? As a leader, it is very important you are able to keep your composure and make sound decisions, no matter the circumstances. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has thrown us all a curveball, and it’s now about how you, your team, and your business respond. Are you crumbling or adapting? The #CJJblog this week gives you some tips on how you can deal with adversity head on and do your best to ride it out – and stay inside! Enjoy.
- People first. During times of adversity, your ability to put people first will be tested. How do you show your level or care for others? This is most important when the going gets tough.
- Conscience and competence. How would you describe the thoughts going on inside your head during a time of panic? Are you able to identify (and act upon) the sound thoughts from the stress-induced ones?
- Sit quietly. Are you able to sit still and think for a few minutes? This time allows you to chart out what’s important in your head and prioritize your next move.
- Lead by example. This is another skill that is tested during times of adversity. Are you able to remain a role model for your team at all times? Don’t ask things of others you wouldn’t do yourself.
- Personal mission statement. Does it line up with the goals of the team? When it comes to mission statement alignment, always make sure you are the CRO (Chief Reminder Officer).
- When adversity hits, it is common for everyone to have an opinion. As the leader, it is your job to give and receive feedback from all parties. Ask others what they feel is the right thing to do. How do you deal with feedback?
- Is the path forward clear and concise? How are you communicating clearly with your team? Always remember to communicate adjustments along the way as well.
- T.E.A.M. Together Everyone Achieves More. How do you show your commitment to the team?
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be hosting a webinar with Giant Leap Consulting CEO, Bill Treasurer as part of a four-part team leadership development series Friday, March 20th at 11am EST. You can REGISTER HERE.
Life Tip #7: Treat each person you meet as a million dollar customer.