Have you been watching the NFL Playoffs?
After making it to the AFC Championship game last year, many people (myself included) had high hopes for the Buffalo Bills this season. After many ups and downs, they appear to be clicking at the right time and primed to make a deep run again. After their thrashing of the New England Patriots last weekend in the Divisional round, I am now very confident in predicting a Super Bowl appearance for Sean McDermott and the boys from Buffalo. Here is my #CJJblog analysis and why I think this could be the Bills year. Enjoy.
- Josh Allen. Not only is Allen a very talented football player, but he is coming off arguably his best performance of his career. He is very hot right now and has the Bills offense clicking on all cylinders. He can be streaky, but if he can put together another performance like last week, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs will be in trouble.
- Offensive line. The Bills were very pass-heavy earlier in the season, but have made great strides in the run game as of late. I like their recent commitment to the run and a more well-balanced offense will give defenses problems.
- Devin Singletary. A very explosive running back, is now also making a huge impact as a receiver. If he can stay hot and give the Bills offense a consistent threat from their run game, I like their chances to advance to the Super Bowl.
- Receivers. One of the deepest receiving cores in the NFL. They have the stud at the top in Diggs, and are very deep, especially with the emergence of Dawson Knox, Gabriel Davis, and Isaiah McKenzie.
- Defense. Not many people realize how good the Bills defense has been this year. I think many people wrote them off and categorized them (largely due to the first Patriots game, AKA “The Wind Game”) as a weak unit that can’t stop the run, but they finished the regular season as the #1 ranked defense in both points and yards allowed.
- Special teams. Definitely a potential weakness here with the Special Teams unit for the Bills. They rarely punt, but field position and field goal kicking are always a huge factor in playoff games.
- Coaching. The culture in Buffalo is the best I’ve ever seen it. Credit to Coach McDermott and the rest of the staff for getting through everything and now playing their best football of the year.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson sat down with Gary Sanchez, the founder of The WHY Institute and talked about the importance of your why and what to do with it once you know it. You can listen HERE.
Life Tip #35: Use the CANEI Formula – Constant and Never-Ending Improvement