What gifts can you give this week?
This being my birthday week, got me thinking about giving. What can I give to others to help improve their lives? As you make your way through your life, always think about what gifts you can give to those around you. The #CJJblog this week and next will be about what two of my role models have given me. This week will be fellow professional speaker, Jim Rohn. Next week I will talk about the great college basketball coach, Jim Wooden. What gifts have your role models given you?
- Work harder on yourself than on your job. Self-development should always trump anything else going on in your life, especially your job. You must grow your mind at all times. How often do you work on yourself?
- Want to be wealthy? Well then, study wealth. This gift has stuck out in my mind for quite some time. If you want to accomplish something, study it. Learn about it. What are you currently studying?
- Want to be happy? Study happiness. Like many other things in life, happiness is a learned behavior. Become an expert in not only making you happy, but others as well.
- Life accumulates. Actions you take today will affect your life tomorrow. Act accordingly. How are you preparing for your future?
- Two ways to face your future. Anticipation or apprehension. You have the ability to choose how you face your future. Choose wisely.
- Your body is a temple. Treat it as such. A gift can be given to you, but your body is the one thing you will always have. Don’t treat it like a woodshed.
- Not happy where you live? Life is too short to be unhappy in anything you choose to do. Make your own choices and receive the gifts you are given with grace and humility.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson and J-Mac will be speaking locally at Chatterbox, a women’s club in Rochester, NY on May 22nd.
Life Tip #17: Attend conferences and seminars to increase your knowledge in your field