What books did you read this year?
Reading is a great way to grow your mind. With the end coming to a close, I give you my favorite books of 2023 in the #CJJblog this week. Here is my Bakers Dozen of book recommendations for 2023. What are your favorite books you read this year?
1) Be Useful by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnold shares seven tools that he used to become a bodybuilding champ, high profile movie actor, and governor of California. He is very direct and has many inspiring stories.
2) Build the Life You Want by Arthur Brooks and Oprah Winfrey. The authors share ideas and scientific studies to help you gain clarity about being happy!
3) Conversations With Richard Bandler by Richard Bandler and Owen Fitzpatrick. We recently interviewed Owen on our podcast (Limitless Leadership Lounge) which will be released in January of 2024. In this book, Owen asks one of the co-founders of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Richard Bandler many great questions about NLP. Richard shares great strategies and stories on how you can implement NLP to enhance your life.
4) Overcoming the Imposter by Kris Kelso. Check out our interview with Kris released in December on the Limitless Leadership Lounge. Kris shares in his book about what Imposter Syndrome is and strategies to overcome it.
5) Singlehandedly by Ruth Rathblott. Had the pleasure of having Ruth as a guest on the Limitless Leadership Lounge, which will be released in January of 2024. In this book, Ruth shares how she overcame a limb difference to become a CEO of a non-profit and now a top speaker on inclusion and diversity. Very inspiring journey!
6) Rise of the Reader by Nick Hutchison. Nick was a guest on the Limitless Leadership Lounge in December 2023. Nick became an avid reader in his twenties and he shares how to get the most out of a nonfiction book. He also shares over 100 health, wealth, and happiness habits to consider adding to your life.
7) Little Book of Leadership by Jeffrey Gitomer. Jeffrey is a world renowned sales expert who was a guest on Limitless Leadership Lounge. He shares wonderful ideas to become a more effective leader.
8) One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson. This is a classic book that shares three essential keys to become a more effective leader.
9) 100 Million Dollar Leads by Alex Hormosi. The author shares his challenging journey to become a multi-millionaire businessman. He talks about four different buckets you should focus on to create many sales leads for your product or service.
10) Being Coachable by Scott Osman, Jacqueline Lame and Marshall Goldsmith. Had the pleasure to have Scott and Jacqueline on the Limitless Leadership Lounge. In this book they share on how to look for an effective executive coach and what you need to be an effective coach.
11) No Rules Rules by Reed Hastings and Erin Meyer. Reed Hastings is the CEO of Netflix. He and college professor Erin Meyers share great strategies and stories about the rise of Netflix, and building a productive culture.
12) The 16 Undeniable Laws of Communication by John Maxwell. Written by one the best communicators of the last 50 years. John shares great insights on how you can become an outstanding communicator.
13) The One Truth by Jon Gordon. I have read five of Jon’s books and they are all terrific. In this book, Jon shares the power of love and creating a positive mindset that will enhance your life in business and personally.
Did You Know? Check out this week’s Limitless Leadership Lounge Podcast HERE where we share ideas to focus on one aspect of your personal and professional life to focus on improving in 2024.
Life Tip #43: Leaders are READERS!