What are you currently reading?
So far this year, I average completing a book per week. How often to do you read? In the #CJJblog this week, I wanted to share some of the books I have read recently, in hopes you do the same. Enjoy.
1) The 5am Club by Robin Sharma. I admire Robin’s work. In this book, he shares a fictional story about the power of getting your day off to a great start by getting up at 5am and using the 20-20-20 formula.
2) The Everyday Hero Manifesto by Robin Sharma. In this book, Robin shares many ideas he uses when working with high level clients. It is packed with great formulas, stories, and illustrations.
3) Let Them Lead by John U Bacon. The author identifies some wonderful leadership ideas to turnaround an awful high school hockey program. He also provides wonderful stories to illustrate his points.
4) The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Album. A wonderful fictional story with some excellent life lessons.
5) Road to Awesome by Dr. Darrin Peppard. The author is a former school superintendent and principal, and shares great ideas to develop a wonderful school culture.
6) A Mind for Sales by Mark Hunter. Excellent strategies and systems to become a better sales person.
7) Selling the Passion by Scott Garvis. The author is a former athletic director that shares some terrific ideas to effectively fundraise for a high school athletic program.
8) Becoming Principal by Dr. Jeff Prickett. The author shares his journey in becoming a principal with powerful stories about building relationships with students and staff.
9) Wanting by Luke Burgis. The author discusses the science behind desires.
10) The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. The best relationship book I have ever read. If you want to improve your relationship, you should read this book!
11) Leading While Scared by Pierre Quinn. The author shares some great strategies to overcome the fear of being a leader.
12) Lesson 1 by John Vandusen. The author is an army leader as well as a teacher and coach. He shares some wonderful leadership ideas with great stories and illustrations.
Did you know? Coach Jim Johnson does a book recommendation on his social media pages every Wednesday. Check it out!
Life Tip# 15: Read at least 15 minutes per day.