How do you show your team you care?
Being a loyal leader can be tough at times. When things get chaotic and you are faced with tough decisions, how do you stay focused on the things that matter. Being loyal is really a simple task if you just focus on a few things. In this week’s #CJJblog I give you a few tips on how to be a loyal leader. Enjoy.
- Recognize success. Let people know when they do a good job and praise them in public consistently.
- Respect everyone. The most simple of all my loyalty tips: use “please” and “thank you.” Do you respect others consistently?
- Don’t talk behind others’ backs. Unless it’s positive feedback. The fastest way to create a toxic environment is to start promoting gossip.
- Be a servant leader. As a loyal leader, you must think about adding value to others at all times. Ask “how can I help?”
- Be a loyal follower. As well as being a loyal leader. When the time comes for you to follow, do it with respect. Your team needs to see different sides to you. Are you a loyal follower?
- Lead with loyalty. Do what you say and say what you do. In order to be considered a great leader, your team needs to be able to trust your words as well as your actions.
- Be a good listener. During times of listening, try to make your first response “wow” and not “how?” This will affect how others confide in you for advice as a leader.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson is speaking to local CYO basketball coaches over the next couple weeks in the Rochester, NY area.
Life Tip #74: Adopt an attitude of gratitude