Have you been to a conference or summit this year?
The 2023 Global Leadership Summit this year was in Chicago, but I attended a satellite site at Robert Wesleyan College in Rochester, NY where everything was streamed live, making it feel as though we were in attendance. It was a fantastic event and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to become a better leader. In the #CJJblog this week, I give you my takeaways and notes of day one of this incredible event. My notes on day two will come next week! Enjoy.
- Craig Groeschel
- Building trust: 1) Transparency, 2) Empathy, and 3) Consistency. Always better to tell the truth than lie.
- People connect with your weaknesses and are impressed by your strengths. Talk less, and listen more.
- Questions to ask others to connect with them: 1) What are you most excited about? 2) What would you like me to ask you? 3) How can I best support you? To show someone you care, say “I notice… You matter.”
- To develop clear expectations with others, you must: 1) Be clear, 2) Be rewarding, and 3) Correct improper behavior. It’s not about what you occasionally, it’s about what you do consistently.
- David Ashcraft (GLS CEO)
- Focus on stretching your mind and growing your heart.
- Erin Meyer
- The Keeper Test. How you can gain clarity of people and their values. When a teammate is leaving, as them how they feel (disappointed or excited).
- Condoleezza Rice
- Learn from your past, don’t be a prisoner of it. It doesn’t matter where we come from, it matters where we are going.
- Erwin McManus
- It doesn’t take a genius to think like one. 1) Are you structured for success or failure? 2) How do you overcome the challenge of success? And 3) How do you handle the weight of success?
- Pat Gelsinger
- Five L’s to people: Love, Link, Life, Learn, and Listen.
- Anita Elberse
- 1) Set high standards for yourself, 2) Put others front and center, 3) Analyze both your mistakes and successes, 4) Foster a no blame culture, 5) Trust your superstars, but maintain authority, and 6) Consistently battle complacency.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be delivering his Championship Team Culture keynote in California next week on August 15th through IES Conferences Community.
Life Tip #30: Work harder on yourself than you do at your job