Are you still on track?
How are you doing with your yearly goals? We are now into July, which means we are past the mid-way point of the calendar year. Are you on track to achieve them? Oftentimes, we make New Year’s resolutions in January and the motivation fades as the year goes on. In this week’s #CJJblog I wanted to do a check in to make sure we are keeping our eyes on the prize. Enjoy.
- Any changes? Our most important goals (life goals) can often change throughout the year. Are your goals still the same? It’s okay to make some slight adjustments to help keep you on course.
- Plan of attack. Sit for a few minutes and think about the goals you would like to achieve at years’ end. What is working so far for you to achieve them? What isn’t working? Adjust your plan of attack accordingly.
- How’s your energy on a daily basis? Are you exercising regularly? Getting enough sleep? Are you eating the right foods? There are many ways to keep your energy up, which will ultimately make it easier to accomplish your life goals.
- Self-improvement. These goals cannot be accomplished without a self-development plan. Make sure you stay the course and always grow your mind and body. Be consistent and develop daily routines. For me, I like to read a lot of books and exercise consistently. What are the headliners of your self-development plan?
- Who do you associate with? Are your closest friends helping or hindering you? This is a good time to assess the value you are receiving from others. Identify those who are good for you and those who may be a negative influence.
- How do you define success? How do you measure success? Your yearly goals should reflect your definition of success.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson signed a contract to give a professional speech at Misercordia University in Dallas, PA in September to their student athletes. His schedule is filling up fast! Reach out if you have any need for motivation to your staff/students.
Life Tip #100: Always ask yourself ”What did I learn from this?”