It’s March. Are you still on track?
We are in month three of 2018 and our New Year’s resolutions were meant to last us through the entire year. How are you doing? Have you reverted to your old ways? I make it a personal goal to stay focused and accomplish what I initially set out to do. Yes, the course may change and be slightly altered, but you must keep your eyes on your goals. Do you focus on your goals each and every day? How are you working toward achieving these goals? This week in the #CJJblog I wanted to give you some tips I am implementing to see my resolutions through to the end.
- Pray. At least 10 minutes each day. I use this to develop faith in both myself and others.
- Meditate. Sitting alone and silent for 10 minutes each day. I operate much more efficiently when my mind is clear.
- Exercise. At least 30 minutes each day. Treat it as an appointment and don’t miss it.
- Write down goals. I use a goals journal to maintain a sense of responsibility for myself.
- Index cards. Recite the goals cards in front of the mirror each day. Convince yourself that you can achieve each one.
- Avoid too much TV. When I do watch TV, it’s a scheduled event and I make it a point to not “surf.”
- Avoid multitasking. I work more efficiently when I focus on one thing at a time. Finish tasks before you move on to the next item.
- Avoid sweets. Candy and sweets are my kryptonite. I try not to indulge too much.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be speaking locally here in Rochester, NY to a leadership group at a financial services company, Cover Wallet.
Life Tip #9: Make exercise a scheduled part of your day.