Are you able to consistently be great?
With the Super Bowl upon us, many people are discussing greatness. What does it mean to be great? How can you become great? Is it only reserved for athletes? I am here to tell you that greatness comes in all shapes and sizes. With hard work and dedication to your craft, you can become the one people talk about for years to come. The #CJJblog this week gives you some tips on how you can maintain your greatness. Enjoy.
- Develop a code of conduct. Set standards higher for yourself than anyone else would set. Hold yourself accountable for your actions and accomplish your goals, with no exceptions. What is your personal code of conduct?
- Have a great team. Hire a supportive and dynamic staff that will help make you successful. Do you have a great team around you?
- Self-evaluation. One helpful tip is to ask yourself two things at least once a quarter: 1) What are my strengths? (raise them), and 2) What are my weaknesses? (limit them)
- Thank others. If someone has played a role in you becoming great, thank them for it. Show others your appreciation with words and actions. How do you thank others for their help and support?
- Use technology to enhance performance. Utilize the technology available to you. Data and video footage does not lie. Use this to your advantage.
- Adopt a growth mindset. Don’t get complacent. Always seek to improve yourself. Grow your mind and get better consistently.
- Monitor your crowd. Who do you spend the most time with? Are they helping or hindering you? Be selective with who you hang around.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson delivered his Leadership keynote to the Gyro Men’s Club of Rochester at Oak Hill Country Club last week.
Life Tip #80: Set standards higher for yourself than anyone else would set for you