Do you consistently give others a chance?
Many of our successes in life come from simply being given a chance. As a former coach who gave a young man a chance to make his dreams come true, and after witnessing Cody Lee shock the world on America’s Got Talent, I am a firm believer in giving others a chance. Do you seek to put others in a position to succeed? In the #CJJblog this week, I want to give you some tips on how you can make sure you give others the one thing necessary to succeed; opportunity. Enjoy.
- Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. Everyone has skills and great things they can accomplish. As a leader, it is your job to put them in the best positions to be great. Allow others to showcase their talents.
- Help discover their passion. Push them to do the things they love and help them stay positive. What are you passionate about?
- Value of work ethic. Teach them the importance of hard work and allow them to earn their successes. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
- Share ideas on how they can become successful and give them the chance to improve on these ideas. How do you encourage others?
- The importance of confidence in all areas of life is crucial. Give them confidence to be great. Oftentimes, confidence in one area can lead to success in others. How do you build confidence in others?
- Patience is a virtue. Stay patient with others as they work toward their goals. Greatness takes time and it’s important that you continue to encourage others during times of failure. How do you display your encouragement?
- Always put yourself in others’ shoes to get in the right mindset. Miracles happen every day. All you have to do is believe.
Did You Know? Coach Jim Johnson will be speaking at the Between the Summits event at Lovin’ Cup in Rochester, NY on June 11th – RSVP HERE
Life Tip #76: Treat other people better than how you would like to be treated